My search last week turned up some neat little tricks and this is the card I made first of all:
- 4.25" x 5.5" white card blank, tent style
- backing layer of SU 'Always Artichoke' card stock, die cut using a Lil' Inkers 'Stitched Rectangles' die and glued onto the card front
- piece of white card stock, stamped using the SU 'Lotus Blossom' stamps set with the Misti - there's a mini tutorial below if you're interested. I used all SU inks, 'Daffodil Delight', 'Pumpkin Pie' and 'Tangerine Tango for the graduated colours on the flower head and 'Old Olive' for the stalk
- added the word 'Friend' using the Misti, Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and a stamp from the Inkylicious 'Friend' set of sentiments
- die cut the image panel using a smaller Lil' Inkers 'Stitched Rectangles' die and glued it in place
Wow, I love using the Misti for this type of stamping! You can actually use just the Misti for this technique with clear stamps by carefully lining up the stamps onto the image, to be picked up by the lid as you build it up - and of course you can make several cards exactly the same at the same time, step by step.
As I don't trust my alignment capabilities I used the method which is absolutely perfect for solid rubber stamps whereby you use either acetate or something like the plastic sheet from the Stamp-a-ma-jig along with the Misti.
SU originally used to make their layered stamps from red rubber and boy did I struggle. Can't wait to dig a couple of old rubber layered sets out and have a play now!
|Step 1: First of all I used some masking tape to stick the SU plastic sheet from the Stamp-a-ma-jig to the top edge of the Misti with the lid open, butted right up against the top and side edges.|
Step 2: Then I placed the main 'body' stamp onto the plastic sheet face down and closed the Misti lid onto it so that the lid picked it up. Inked the stamp and stamped the image onto the plastic sheet.
Step 3: Popped a piece of white card in place underneath the plastic to check where I wanted the flower to be positioned - similar to using a normal stamp positioner. Flipped the piece of plastic back out of the way whilst holding the piece of white card in place with magnets
Step 4: Next I re-inked the stamp using the palest colour and brought it down onto the piece of white card to lay down the main part of the flower. The picture above shows the plastic flipped over the image ready for the next step
Step 5: Then replaced the main flower stamp on the plastic sheet with the middle layer stamp (it doesn't matter if you're not exactly in the same spot). Picked the stamp up with the lid as in Step 2, inked it with the middle colour and stamped it onto the plastic sheet. As the plastic sheet was held in place with masking tape as a hinge I could just move the flower image on the white card around underneath the plastic to find the right stamping position and hold it in place with a couple of magnets. Then re-inked the stamp, lifted the plastic sheet out of the way and stamped onto the white card again.
That's actually all three stamped layers shown in the above photo, and I just added the stalk in much the same way
I really wish I could find that video again! It certainly is a much simpler process than the above photos and words imply!