Here's my snippets make for this week:
- 5" x 5" square white card blank
- layer of SU's 'Raspberry Ripple' card stock as a frame, from the snippets folder
- slightly smaller layer of metallic grey card stock, also from the snippets folder
- snippet of white card stock, embossed using a favourite Taylored Expressions folder called 'Twirls and Swirls', trimmed and glued on top of the grey layer
- the image is from the now discontinued LOTV Art Pad called 'Party and Cake', die cut using a Spellbinders square die and the edge was embossed by running a ball tool around the reverse side of the image before removing it from the die
- then backed the image square with a slightly larger snippet of SU's 'Raspberry Ripple' card stock
- die cut the word 'Celebrate' from another little snippet of the same pink card using a die from the Impression Obsession 'Birthday Top Edgers' die set, and glued it behind the image 'frame' so that the word sits along the top of the frame
- glued the image plus word in place onto the embossed white backing layer - finished!
This was a fun card to make and a first outing for the 'Top Edger' die set. The die cuts can can be used along the sides of course. Also, you could die cut one of the words along the top of a piece of card before then cutting around the remainder. That would make the square backing piece plus word 'all in one' so that the word is actually part of the same layer. I went for the easier option and it looks just fine in real life :)
Now for the weekly peek at the picks:
Crumbs, that's 11 picks! Good job I try to construct this post a bit at a time during the week!
We had 58 Playmates playing along last week, more than we've had for a few weeks - and no 'newbies'. Loads of great ideas and inspirations from you as usual - it never ceases to surprise me how many new and very clever ideas you come up with.
Well done and can you please drop me an email with your address in and I'll post your prize off as soon as possible! My email address is on the right hand side bar.
This coming week's prize is:
Dies to Die For), because certainly the 'Celebrate' die can be used for lots of other occasions as well.
A maximum of ONE entry and please say in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize. If you have a burning desire for just the sentiments die set or the LOTV Art Pad then please feel free to say and if your name pops out then I'll do a further draw for whichever item you don't want. Please also link back to the Playground in your blog post to be eligible for the draw.
Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)
Please don't mind if sometimes I get a little bit behind with commenting, it's all a question of trying to keep things in balance here. If I sit for too long you almost have to hoist me out of the chair, still in a sitting position - quite comical really :)
Have a lovely week! And a big hug from Parsnip as usual of course - he's currently working out exactly how many new sets of white twinkling Christmas lights are needed here to decorate the front area of the house. Last seen, he was swinging from the topiary - one armed, like a bear possessed with a pencil tucked behind his ear and a note pad in his free hand! I do worry about him :)