Sunday 26 February 2017

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 267 and 268 - results

Hello again! It's halfway through the fortnightly challenge in the Snippets Playground and time for some 'picks' and the prize draw.

We also have another brilliant Guest Designer with a snippets card to share this - it's our wonderful and very talented Loll:

What a beautiful card this is - it just shows how you can achieve maximum impact with a few snippets. AND a lot of talent I should add! Loll let me have the following details about how she made the card, but I do think it would be lovely if you could hop over to her blog and leave a comment there.

"Everything used on my card is a snippet except for the card base. :)  The hexagons on my card are die-cut from a snippet of smooshed watercolour paper.  This is the third card I've made from two background pieces I made a few months ago.  I die-cut the hexagons from white foam as well, gluing them to the watercolour hexagons to add dimension to my card.  The foam was cut from snippets too!! :)  And I always have small snippets of black and white ready and waiting to use for die-cuts and sentiments."

And here's the lovely lady herself, I think Loll has such a friendly face - like so many of you I'm sure she's someone you'd immediately feel at ease with in real life:
As most of you will know, Loll makes amazing cards and has a really unique way of creating stylish and elegant makes which are 'clean and simple' but generally with a fabulous technique incorporated/to share as well. She also runs a couple of brilliant challenges along with our lovely Bonnie - so do check those out as well when you pay a visit. I wanted to learn more about Loll's blogging journey for myself and can't recommend enough that you make a hot drink and settle down for a couple of hours browsing. It all begins in February 2011 when Loll first started her blog - and way back then you can see the CAS style evolving as that year unfolds, fascinating to see. Loll is another blogger who cooks, and there's some yummy recipes on her top bar. And, loads of tutorials - both written and also video ones. Better make that a flask of something to keep you going eh? :) Loll readily shares her tips and techniques in her normal blog posts as well and I've learned loads from this very generous lady. And, she's an amazing blog designer as well - I'm so grateful for my own fabulous blog makeover! Oh, and I always wondered where the name Loll came from - now I know, it stems from her given name of Laura, a lovely name for a lovely friend!

Remember girls, you can always let me know if you would like to be a Guest Designer - I have a list and would be very happy to add your name.

So, let's move onto my picks from this past fortnight:

This was made by my dear friend Sarn, who freely admits she got the basic idea from Pinterest - but she certainly has put the 'Sarn Spin' on it! Such a clever new home card and one which we can all 'have a go' at making (with or without the fence if you don't have a punch or die to suit - but I do think it's a brilliant finishing touch!).

This adorable card was made by Jane W, our Guest Designer from last week! And Jane used a prize she won in the Snippets Playground a little while ago - they are actually robins but I just love this ingenious way of transforming them! Paper piecing is one of the very best ways to use up little snippets and Jane's card shows what impact can be achieved with just a few different of them, very cleverly used!

We've had variations on 'patchwork' in the past I know, but I think this card made by Heidi, really deserved to be a pick. All the papers are from one paper pad, little leftovers that co-ordinate so well. Heidi used a square die to cut the pieces, and I do think that's the most accurate way of cutting squares for this sort of design (or a punch of course). And Heidi's tip about sticking the little squares onto a toning shade of card to help lessen any gaps you might still have is well worth following! Ask me how/why I learned this trick a while ago :)
 
There was some discussion on Heidi's post about the problem of leftover snippets falling out of pads if you choose to store them that way. Here's a post about my own solution which might be of use. Warning, it's a long post but even flicking through the photos will give you the gist of how I store my patterned snippets inside paper pads. The system has been in use here for three years now and it still works brilliantly for me.

That's my three picks - as always a very hard choice, and I ended up using a pin to stick into my initial list of 10 entries! Once again I focused very much on ingenious ways to use snippets which might inspire you.

You might wonder why there's no Gold Star every fortnight. That's because I want them to be really sought after - ha, and because I couldn't decide which entry was most deserving this time round, spoiled for choice :)

We had 62 Playmates joining in this past fortnight - with two new little friends joining us:
Carol Cel
ren4
Barbara (The Knackered Grouse - LOVE that blog name!!
Welcome girls! Hope you came back and play with us again :)

Prize draw time now and our winner of the LOTV 'All our Dreams' rubber stamp (from me) and lots of lovely pastel/baby coloured goodies by Papermania from the Spots and Stripes Pastel range - kindly donated by Donna is:
 
Well done Jenny! Can you please drop me an email with your address in and I'll post your prize off as soon as possible! My email address is on the right hand side bar.

Our local Post Office is currently closed due to the village shop it's part of being extended and refurbished. I think it's only closed for a further week but it may cause a delay in me posting your prize Jen, goodness knows how folk who really rely on that Post Office are coping as there was no upfront warning!

Keep those snippets entries coming girls, you still have a week left to play HERE remember!

AND, please remember that it's also Rudolph Days over at Scrappy Mo's! February is a short month and the challenge (anything goes for Christmas) closes on Tuesday of course. There's the choice of a great Memory Box die or a really cute Avery Elle stamp set as a prize too. I know you'll all want to join me in sending our love to Mo, her Mum passed away very recently and a few extra hugs would be very welcome I'm sure.

See you on the swings!

Love from the little white peril and me




29 comments:

  1. I'm thrilled to be Guest Designer, Di. Thank you so much. And thank you for the lovely write-up. I appreciate your kind words. You are so sweet!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous selection of cards Di, ingenious use of snippets. Lovely to find out more about Loll too, she is a huge inspiration to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely picks Di, and thank you for my win : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous picks and loll's card is such a stunner, i love love love it :) so much impact with few elements, wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab collection of snippets.. inspiring as always xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Miss Di, and the lovely Parsnip.
    Congrats to Loll on being your GD, and her card is a gorgeous CAS design.
    The snippets are a fab colour
    Congrats to the winner Jenny.
    Also congrats to the lovely featured cards.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loll's card is fantastic, she truly is VERY talented & artistic with a knack for placement.

    Wahoo! Thank you sooo much for picking my snippets card, made my morning. Love the other picks too, congrats girls.

    Congrats also to Jenny on her win.

    Happy Sunday to everyone.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely picks Di, and great tips about how you store your snippets, I'm definitely going to give that a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Fabulous CAS from Loll, really striking and great use of snippets! And great picks, too, love them all!
    Congrats to Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow what a great selection of cards all winners in my mind. Well done Jenny

    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards and congrats Jenny enjoy your win xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Di, lovely picks this week, love the little hens and Heidi's snippets make a great idea for those little bits and pieces. Hope to get along to play this week... have a wonderful week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cards. Lovely picks.
    Hugs, Chantal S

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that is a stunner from Loll and fantastic picks - glad to see you're keeping to just 3 Miss Di,
    Hi to the new playmates and congrats to Jenny on her win xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous picks this week Di and a wonderful CAS snippets card from Loll as your GD and she always seems to come up with such clever ideas, and congratulations to Jenny for winning the prize last time. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful cards!
    congrats!
    have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards by all! Congratulations! Loll's card is gorgeous! Awesome guest designer! I will go check out her blog...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous picks Di - love Loll's card too. I store my tiny snippets in cut down envelopes having seen your previous post - a great idea to keep them under control!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous picks this week and stunning card from Loll.
    Hugs,
    Em xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations to Jenny on her win and also to you great top picks. Welcome to your friend Loll. Her card is very beautiful and stylish. A great example of a lovely card made with snippets. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful and accurate write of Loll, she is indeed everything wonderful and oh so talented! I love the beautiful picks too Di! Here I've been wondering why I haven't been getting your posts by email, so I signed back up as it would seem I got kicked out. lol I've been kicked out of a few blog email notifications. So I should be a around more often now! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, thanks for featuring my patchwork card here today! I am thrilled that you liked it that well. Once you get into a groove, it doesn't feel like work to do it. I love all the other cards featured and am going to go give each of these ladies a visit to their blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Some lovely picks Di and a fabulous CAS/LIM card from Lol.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  24. A gorgeous GD card from LOL.Super picks Di and very well done to Jenny. HOw good that you still have a local PO...hang on to it tightly.Enjoy the week ahead. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loll's card is gorgeous! Fab picks and welcome to the newbies! Congratulations to Jenny too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a gorgeous card from Loll! I, too, keep a pile of black and white snippets 9and gold, silver and kraft)out on the table ready to use. Thank you for picking my not-robins this week. Another thing I keep meaning to do with them is colour them in the style of other birds. I think they would make cute bluetits!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  27. A gorgeous card from Loll! As usual you have a great selection of picks.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm so confused! I thought this was a new Snippets and I had to go change my post since I've already played once in the current one. (It doesn't take much to confuse me late at night at my age, lol!) Thank you to Loll for guest designing and I love her extraordinary card! I second every word you said about her, Di, and having had the pleasure of meeting her, I can tell you that you are right! You feel like you've known her forever on first meeting - just like I felt with you! And anyway, who wouldn't be charmed by those dimples of hers?! Congratulations to the well-deserved spotlight creations and to Jenny!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.