The current challenge over at Less is More (#320) is 'Washi Tape'.
The DT and many of the entries have really used some inventive and ingenious ways to use Washi tape. But, I went for a very simple and easy design, relying on the lovely vibrant colours and a NBUS flowing script sentiment to add that 'certain something':
- 4.25" x 5.5" white card blank, tent style
- piece of white card for a front panel, trimmed slightly smaller than the card front
- the sentiment was stamped using the Misti, Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and a single sentiment stamp from a NBUS Penny Black sentiments stamps set called ''special thoughts'
- then I just tore the ends on three rolls of washi tape so that they were roughly angled upwards from left to right - leaving the intact tape on the roll
- used a couple of the torn off scraps of washi tape to temporarily fix the sentiment panel onto my glass cutting mat - making sure the grid lines on the glass mat were even on either side
- then added three strips of washi tape as shown on the card - using the grid lines was a great help in keeping the gaps as straight and even as possible (to me they look a bit on the wonk in the photo though)
- folded the top ends of the washi tape over the card panel and then added it to the card front using a sandwich of white fun foam
I preferred folding the washi tape over the top of the card, rather than trimming it level - it just looks more 'finished' IMHO, that's why I used a separate panel for the design.
Love the NBUS Penny Black sentiments stamps set - some lovely swirly script fonts in there.