Sunday 10 September 2017

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 295 and 296 - results

Oh what a fun time we had in Swindon last weekend! The 'Monkeys Convention' went down a storm and we spent most of the time laughing. I've added a few photos at the end of this post. And I also recommend that you hop over to Helen's blog - HERE to read how the whole weekend unfolded, written from a monkey's viewpoint of course :) Just make sure you aren't drinking a cup of coffee at the same time - cough, splurt!

Let's get straight on with our Guest Designer for this fortnight - it's Charlotte of 'Lady Joyful'! This is Charlotte's first time as a GD in the Playground and I'm delighted she offered to share this lovely snippets card with us:
What a brilliant way to use up snippets of vellum! I love the translucence where the balloons overlap one another - a great idea and one to keep for the future!

This is what Charlotte said about her card:
For this card I started by stamping some balloons over the background of the card. I then used two different sized circle dies to cut some snippets of vellum that I had covered with double sided sticky tape. I arranged the vellum circles on the card how I wanted them, adhered them down and trimmed off the overhang. I then used a few of the off cut snippets around the edge of the card to give the impression of even more balloons. The balloon stamp set has a stamp for the string, so I used that to stamp strings on all the balloons - both the stamped ones and the die cut ones. I stamped on a happy birthday sentiment, and ended up restamping "birthday" onto a snippet of grean pearlised card (because I'd stamped it wonkily on the card base!)

And a few words about Charlotte herself:
I'm Charlotte a.k.a Lady Joyful. I'm a Brit living in Finland with my husband and our three cats. During the day I work as a nanny for two little boys, and when I'm not working my time is filled with blogging, photography, and, of course, card making!  I started making cards at the beginning of last year and quickly became addicted. I still consider myself to be a newbie and feel that my style is still developing, but I lean towards CAS. As I'm quite frugal I do tend to horde all the bits and pieces of snippets from my cards, and I'm always looking for interesting ways to use them up.  I'm very excited to be guest designing for Pixie's Snippets Playground this week - thanks Di for having me along!

Huge thanks to Charlotte for being our GD this fortnight and for showing us such a neat trick with those balloons as well! And I did love her honesty about covering up a wonky 'birthday' stamping - I think it adds dimension in any case, so a fortunate 'accident' indeed.Do hop over and say 'Hello' to Charlotte!

Drum roll - it's time for the weekly picks!

One card totally blew my socks off last fortnight and is certainly very worthy of a Gold Star:
 
Jenny L made this utterly scrumptious Christmas card for her slot as a Rudolph Days Challenge designer and she also brought it into the Playground to share with us. It's absolutely gorgeous with so much detail - someone is going to be over the moon to receive this at Christmas! Do please take your Gold Star badge from the right-hand sidebar Jenny - and very well deserved is too!

Now for my other picks from this past fortnight - and I 'homed in' on 'scenes' this time. In fact I also picked scenes last time - but these ones don't necessarily include any up cycling and also it does seem to be quite a theme at the moment: 

I'd already picked this fabulous scenic card, made by Charlotte (aka Lady Joyful), regardless of the fact that she's also our GD this fortnight. I think this is fabulous! There's a whole load of inlaying of die cuts going on here - so clever.

Love this card, made by Carol L. Who doesn't like Penny Black stamps - and it really did make me smile! The sentiment sort of sums up last weekend's 'Monkey Convention' really!

And, how about this delightful shadow card, made by Fiki?! Do hop over to her blog, there's a step-by-step 'how to' and I'm sure you'll be very tempted to have a try!

53 of you played along last fortnight, with no new Playmates joining us. I bet loads of folk were running round getting ready for the little ones to return to school - it seems so quiet without Max and Charlie playing happily in the garden next door. Sigh.

Prize draw time now and our winner of the Memory Box 'Dragonfly stems - Left Corner' die and Clearly Besotted's 'Say What?' set of assorted sentiments is:
Well done Meena - I think this might be your first Playground win! Can you please drop me an email with your address - then I'll post your prize off to you as soon as possible. My email address is on the right hand side bar.

Keep those snippets entries coming girls, you still have a week left to play HERE remember! The prize is two Darkroom Door stamps - 'Butterfly' and 'Stand Out' (very kindly donated by Megan), plus a set of Joanna Sheen stamps called 'Pressed Flower' from me . I will split the prize if you only want to play for part of it.

And here are a few photos of our 'Monkeys Convention' in Swindon:
The formal giving out of our surprise gifts from Monkey, Darrell and Nigel - matching tee shirts! Yaaay! What a brilliant idea of theirs and we happily paraded all over the hotel with chests puffed out - well, the monkeys did at least!
All dressed alike and posing for the official photograph. Love how Marvin is perched so casually :) So, we have Marvin at the front left then (left to right) Monkey, Sammy, little Nigel and Darrell. And at the back, Hank and Norm.

Monkey, Darrell and Nigel all live with Helen. Hank and Marvin live with me.
Things degenerated into a card school while we 'grown-ups' sat and talked for England!
And that night WHY did they decide to have a sleepover in MY bed? 
Time flew past and it didn't seem long before we sadly had to part company and go our separate ways. Little paws on top of one another to take the solemn vow to meet up again for another Convention, same time next year - if not sooner!

Love from the little white peril Parsnip, who stayed home with Len to keep him company - and of course from me too,




35 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Charlotte on her GD spot - and what a great use of snippets on her beautiful card. Lovely selection of picks this week, especially Jenny who was awarded a well deserved Gold Star.

    Sounds like you had a brilliant time at your Monkeys Convention. Hope you kicked the monkeys out of your bed and made them sleep on the sofa! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning from sunny Rhodes Di. Well done to Charlotte on her lovely GD card and I think her little "accident" turned into a really cool accent on the card. Lots of lovely pics and even a gold star...brilliant. I loved seeing the monkey convention photos..what a hoot! Have a lovely week.Sending sunshine and hugs from our balcony...off to the beach soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fun post Di and sounds like a good time was had by all, thanks for sharing your weekend with us all. Lovely work from Charlotte as well

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was indeed getting the kiddies ready for school and much running around like a headless chicken was had. Well done on Lady Joyful's GD spot. As you can tell I'm only just catching up on everything! Your monkey pictures really made me smile today though - card playing whatever next! Glad y had a good time! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab makes and pix and, like you, I am blown away by JennyL's card

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to Charlotte with her very beautiful inspiring card! Congrats to the winner and all the picks!
    This meeting of monkeys seems so fun, such wonderful pictures from you and Mrs A!! :D
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Miss Di & the lovely Parsnip.
    oh I am so astounded at being awarded a Gold Star for my card what a very lovely surprise this morning.
    I am now walking on cloud 9 at the mo.
    Congrats to Charlotte on her GD, and her card is so very wonderfully created.
    I love all those wonderful balloons.
    Congrats to the winner of your lovely prize, and also all the excellent featured snippets creations.
    I must say there is sure some very wonderful talent in blogland.
    Thank you so much for my award I will treasure it, and thank you for all your hard work involved in this super challenge as it encourages us to use up our snippets.
    Pics of the Monkey convention are super, and do hope Parsnip wasn't too disappointed at staying home, and keeping Len company.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Monkey convention sounds like a hit Di as is your winner too congratulations Meena enjoy your win l agree Jenny's card is so beautiful and another great showcase hope you enjoy your day it's wet here hopefully it will be a brighter one for you take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the picks this week with the super scenes and critters, and Jenny's gold star is so well deserved with her fabulous christmas card. Love the super balloon card and such a great idea to use up those snippets.
    Looks like the monkeys had a fabulous time at their convention and no doubt planning the next one already xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What stunning Snippets cards!

    Those monkeys are fun and what sweet scenes you made to remember your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome to the GD this time Charlotte and her beautiful vellum balloons are such a clever way to use up those snippets, and Jenny's gorgeous Christmas creation certainly deserves a gold star. Congratulations to Meena and the three great showcased cards from last time too, and I can see that those cheeky monkeys and their owners had a wonderful time at the convention and are looking forward to monkeying around again next year...excuse the pun..lol. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats to Meena. Monkey convention looks like a blast. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, scenes are so "on trend" right now, and the snippets ones are all fabs. And I will defintely keep Charlotte's balloon idea at the ready. Great picks all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love Charlottes balloons, and all those lovely picks, hope you've recovered from the fun convention ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for having me along to play this week Di :D I had so much fun!! And I so appreciate the warm welcome from everyone.

    And of course thanks for choosing my sheep card as one of your picks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Charlotte made wonderful card!
    congrats to all!
    oh its so nice to see and read all those nice words about my card!
    thank you!
    oh those monkys are so cute!
    they looks like they have lots of fun!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really lovely card by Charlotte.
    Some great pick and love the animal theme, some fabulous cards there.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Charlotte's card and that she is filling in for this challenge! Not sure I'll be able to pop over this fortnight because I'm off to be reunited with my old (and I do mean OLD) school classmates. I'm glad I saw this, tho, because your featured card artists are so deserving and I was thoroughly enchanted by the monkey friends getting together! Too fun and cute! Sorry about your bed!! Hugs, Darnell xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE the monkey convention! Sounds like you had a great time, lol. The cards are gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Charlotte's card is so inspiring--absolutely love it! Beautiful pics & fun pictures of your convention, Di! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for including my card among the spotlights this week, I'm honored and I still do goofy things at my age - much like all of you monkeys obviously did! My legs are hurting after seeing how the monkey wearing the straw hat is sitting to play cards though.....ouch! LOL Glad you had a fun time, and congrats to Meena, Charlotte and Jenny! Great cards everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations to Meena and to all the other ladies for their beautiful cards. So much inspiration!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful DT card, and congrats to all winners. Love the peek at the convention, but I'm short of time, so will hop to the other blogs later.
    Hugs,
    Em xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely pickies DI I'm really slack in blogland.. loving the pmonkey shirts though!!
    Clever makes, all around! great DT card, and makes by the playground too and congrats to Meena! H prayer hugs dear friend, Shaz.x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Charlotte's GD spot is fab and both her cards are stunning, as are all those showcased. After seeing them I feel I could try harder! The Monkeys are wonderful and such a great excuse for a girls get together. They look amazing in their matching t-shirts but my favourite shot is them altogether in your bed - so funny :) Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.