Friday 17 December 2010

Look what the postman brought!

Today the postman delivered an envelope with a gorgeous hand crafted Christmas card and such a cute little Babushka brooch, made from felt.......very clever and endearing. I love it!


They were sent by Helena - who is struggling over the loss of her beloved cat, Fluffy, which makes it all the the more special that she took the time to make and send these. Helena has a couple of blogs you might want to check out - her own is here and Bob T. Bear's is here. Bob is Helena's outlet for a lot of funny things although of course Bob would disagree and claim he writes it all himself - who knows, maybe he does?

We're supposed to be going to an Ice Skating Show on Sunday (yet more darned snow weather permitting) and I'll certainly be wrapped up in umpteen layers as apparently it gets VERY cold sitting throughout the show in our local ice rink. I'll be wearing a very Russian-style hat and scarf and this cute little brooch will be pinned to my coat to join in the fun!

Thank you Helena!

Di
x

2 comments:

  1. Yor dam' rite I do it awl myself. Sheez ownly my secritry, yu noe! Cheek!!!

    :@}

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK Bob, I believe you. No human could possibly come up with your wit and brilliant way with words!! I hope I'm forgiven and that you say I can come out of the naughty corner. Please?! Hugs, Di x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.