Thursday 17 November 2011

A little bit of success with the brayer

I think I'll be going for some more simple cards then this one before too long as panic sets in. But, it was fun to have some success with the brayer:
The other thing I wanted to play with again was my Martha Stewart 'ribbon threader' punch. This punches proper lines of slits for ribbons - much as I love my single slot punch there was no way I could have lined all the holes up properly :)

Despite the rubbish photo - the orange grosgrain ribbon is a perfect match :(

I used:

- 5" x 7" cream card stock

- background brayered using a Kaleidacolor Raised Rainbow ink pad called 'Desert Heat'

- Penny Black stamp - 'Christmas Text' - stamped using Versacolor Vintage Sepia

- layers of gold mirri card plus cream with the corners rounded using a rounder punch

- ribbon slots punched using MS ribbon threader punch and then orange grosgrain ribbon threaded through from stash

Di
x

8 comments:

  1. Hi Di

    This is gorgeous. Love the colours you have worked with.

    My brayer is sadly lacking attention too!

    Pleased I am not the only due to step into panic mode with Christmas cards!!

    I can hear my husband saying now "Well, you've only had all year!!" LOL!!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a lovely card and the background is beautifully done. You are obviously in the zone now with your brayer, so keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Di - beautiful brayering. I must admit I still pick my brayer up as though it was a grenade, but I'm beginning to get the hang of it now. Love the colours you've used and I believe you about the ribbon - and they say photographs can't lie :) Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mummy bort a brayer larst munth. It also dubbles as a good massarger for a small Bear if rolld up an down my bak.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think B.T. Bear Esq has the right idea for brayers.

    That's it . . . I'm not talking to you anymore . . . you've managed to tame your brayer . . . but I just cannot tame mine (and I've really really tried). Really I have! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forgot to say . . . BEAUTIFUL warm and enticing Christmas card. LOVE it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Georgeous Di, fab colours for chrimbo.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The burnt orange colours here are sooo yum! Well done with the brayer, notoriously difficult to master , so I understand? Makes a great Xmas card...xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.