Sunday 29 May 2011

Mini Picasso, toddler electronics engineer - and a card :)

It's been a busy 24 hours here. Cutting a long story short we've had Len's son, wife and their two little daughters here for 24 hours en route to Cornwall....... from Southern Germany. We crammed a lot into a short space of time - shopping in Mothercare for the girlies, mooching round Sainsburys and buying UK food that Kai likes (me too!!), playing with crafty things and making some 'quick and slap it on' cards, a trip to the little kiddies play ground just through the nearby park - and of course eating and sleeping! It does make you realise that a little bit of time can be every bit as good as a long time...the best things often come in little packages.  Mia (aged three and a half) loved the crafting and she's gone off with an even bigger bag of goodies, including sticky tape runners, toppers, stickers, cards etc.suitable for her age, just in case it rains on their hols. No scissors needed either!

Meanwhile, baby sister Livi - Olivia really - (aged one and a half) took great delight in toddling round and fiddling with every knob, dial and button she could reach. That girl is gonna be an electronics engineer I reckon! I counted the remote controls before they set off for Cornwall this morning :))

Of course I'm biased but she is just so gorgeous - auburn curly hair and the smile would melt an iceberg! Big sister Mia is a little gem too, my special little playmate with stunning looks and so bright - if she isn't an artist then I reckon she'll be a model...but then I would say that wouldn't I?!?! :))

They'll be doing the same stopover on the way home in about 10 days time, maybe for longer next time. It was a delight having them here and Grandad didn't mind one jot when a little finger (Livi's) was pointed at the computer tower unit, then one 'boink' and a quick little 'Livi finger press'........ followed by that awful sound of a PC crashing. He's still laughing about it - totally unfazed. It would have been my head on the block different if it had been me I bet :))

So, we've been chilling out a bit since waving them goodbye - Grandad slept later on and GranDi did some crafting:


The bits and pieces were on my desk on Wednesday's WOYWW ready to made this card up so I've just played at putting it together. The gingham background paper is from the Papermania Capsule Collection 'Heather' paper pack, the heart-shaped doilies are made by Wilton and came from Joanna Sheen. I'd originally coloured one doily with a 'purple' Pro Marker but did another one using 'lilac' which is a lighter shade and matches better. The image is a LOTV Cute Square from the 'Love and Romance' set, die cut into a circle and mounted onto a very slightly bigger scalloped circle of Core'dinations card (both done using Nesties and my Cuttlebug). The lace and delicious lilac silk ribbon are from The Ribbon Girl, the bow is even but I got the camera angle a bit wrong - and the flowers came from Wild Orchid Crafts. A few pearly stones and then it was done.

My very favourite colour is pink....love. love, love it!! Hot on its heels comes purple and all shades of lilac. I remember having the most gorgeous lilac party dress when we lived in Singapore - my Mum tended to dress  me in blue or lilac as, in those days - I think they fade as we age, or we can't see them so well!! - I had really vivid blue eyes. So, I'd like to enter this card for the current My Mum's Craft Shop Challenge which is 'Favourite colours' - I chose shades of purple and lilac.

The house is soooo quiet - we have an e-bot thingy here and Mia has recorded a little message so, if we miss the silence, we can wave our hands in front of it and hear her chattering away and singing away:)) Bless!!

Having said all that - I'm now off to bed to catch up on lots of sleep ready for my old school reunion on Friday! Fun times ahead - and my WOYWW PiF still isn't finished - I might have to miss out :((

Di
x

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely time with your 2 little girls. Card is beautiful - my favourite colours. I'm sure you'll get there with your PIF - I'm still working on mine too - think it's an all day-er tomorrow! Love Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Di . . . PHEW . . . I'm EXHAUSTED just reading all that you've been up to!

    LOVE that gorgeous card you made. So pretty.

    A School Reunion eh? Good luck with that!

    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card, love the colours, my Nan's favourites and some of mine too. You can have a rest now.....enjoy! Glad the girls loved the sock monkeys too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, gorogeous ,gorgeous, absolutely love everything about your card:)

    Thank you for joinig us at MMCS

    JJ
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG what a stunning card! Love every little thing about it!
    So happy you got to enjoy your little ladies. From your discription they sound like adorable beauties. Funny how things little ones do seem so cute to G-Dad's when it would be earth shattering if anyone else did the same.
    Hugs
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  6. See you friday, maybe we can find a craft shop for you to potter

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow fab card, great idea to change the LOTV image from a square to a circle, might steal that idea hun....as always I love lilac, so a crafter can't go far wrong in using this colour!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fab card, luuuurve the colours. Thanks for joining in with MMCS this week. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.