Tuesday 19 July 2011

GorJuss girl amidst pearls and swirls

OK, a but of a trite title but I made this card on a very wet afternoon (Sunday) with a challenge in mind - Pearls and Swirls! The past few days have been so dull I had to resort to artificial light to take a piccie too! 

I dunno, yesterday's card with the two cute little ducks on was simplicity itself and  then I seemed to throw a bit of everything at this one, but it was fun playing..... although my desk and the floor looked like a bomb site once I'd finished :



The image is of course one of the GorJuss girls that I love so much - this one is called 'Bear Hug' - coloured with Pro Markers. The card is a 6" x 6" scalloped square (from Craftwork Cards), backing paper is from a 'Vintage Rose' Pink Petticoat Paper Stack that came free with Quick Cards Made Easy. I'm a sucker for free paper stacks and stamps :)

Then I stuck a strip of lacy ribbon (from Hobbycraft) diagonally across the card. This stuff is so delicate looking - I love it! The decorative corners were die cut, the doily centre was also die cut using a Marianne Creatables die (LR030) and the swirls were die cut using a Tim Holtz 'Elegant Flourishes die'. By now my desk was a sea of itty bitty bits of confetti! All the dies were cut from some yummy card with a silk like finish.

The leaves were punched using a MS punch and coloured with Marsh Green Pro Marker to match the little girls boots. I love Marsh Green for leaves, along with Olive I think it's possibly the most realistic and natural colour for grass and leaves. The flowers came from my stash (all from Wild Orchid Crafts - the white and blue ones were kindly sent to me by Dee). I had fun at this stage with the glue gun and can't recommend one enough if you're into using three dimensional flowers - only you have to be quick as it sets double-quick-pronto...and don't be tempted to check if the glue is soft enough by touching the nozzle. 'Nuff said about that totally blonde moment little accident:(

The pearl pins are from my stash along with the other little self-adhesive pearls. The final addition was a baby blue seam binding bow with a little butterfly charm dangling from it, tied with pink bakers twine. I can't somehow get my head round using seam binding in a rumpled state though, so I did iron it first:) Now there's a surprise - me, ironing! A lot of friends know that I'm very happy doing ironing, truly I am. Bit sad really.
 
I'm entering this card into the following challenge:
 
My Mum's Craft Shop - Pearls and Swirls
   
Have a happy day - I was out in a horrendous downpour yesterday, had visions of having to scramble onto the roof of my car to await rescue by some burly firemen.........I did drive round for a while looking for the deepest puddles I could find, but to no avail :) 

Di
x

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card. I hate ironing so wish you lived next door :-) Better luck with a really deep puddle next time :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a little cutie and so intricate too!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Di. You make me laugh. I could just imagine you driving around eyeing up the firemen.
    This is a lovely card. I think it's fun sometimes to make a really layered up card with all your favourite bits and pieces on it. I love all the pearly bits, but I think customs might have something to say it I tried posting a card with long pearl pins in it! A great way to spend a rainy day. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorjuss card Di!!! Love the OTT-ness of it and sometimes it just needs to be done. I'll send my ironing over to you then!!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Di,

    What a lovely card it is so girly,Can you do my ironing too!! Would rather craft!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow hun, this is so pretty. I love how you put everything together - it looks fantastic!

    I'm sorry for not being around much lately. I'm still having a pretty busy time at work. *sigh* Will *try* to pop in more often.

    Thanks for joining us at MMCS this week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great card Di, your work is just lovely. I especially liked that paper you used with the silk like finish. Now, having said that the burly fireman and deep puddle jumping was the best part, still laughing. Please check out my blog ;D Surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this one Di. Sometimes more is more : Liking the TH Elegant Flourish, definitely what it says on the tin. Does it work in the Cuttlebug?? Hugs Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful card the image is fabulous! your background paper is stunning and all the bits used just finish the card off beautifully:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all so much - I'm still poised at the front door waiting to dash out to the car whenever there's a downpour!

    Yes Dee, the TH Sizzix dies work brilliantly in the Cutttlebug - you use thinner plates, leave the thick A plate out and just use a couple of B plates, one each side. Here's a good, and short - which is good news, video on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9y6r9x8JHk

    Off to bed now, will hop over to see you, Crafty Elf, once I get some beauty sleep ready for any more rain tomorrow......I live in hopes, both for beauty and more rain :)) Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, and some burly firemen of course - wink! Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Di this is Amazing! Not just beautiful but interesting. Love the lace, the bow, the swirls, pearls, the lovely papers, the butterfly and of course that sweet image.
    Hugs
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Di

    Your post really made me smile .. .. the best car wash I ever had was a charity one done by our local fireman LOL!!!

    Loving your card. Lots of beautiful elements.

    Love Jules xx

    p.s. I think I have more snippets than anything else in my craft space at the moment (second place would go to my button collection probably LOL!!).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Di...you should look at this! You would be perfect!

    http://polkadoodle.blogspot.com/2011/07/design-team-call.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.