Monday 11 March 2013

Santa's helpers - snigger

A busy day here yesterday, need to do some serious blog hopping today to play catch up - especially as quite a few of you have been playing in the Playground already! I'll be there ASAP.

The current challenge over at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge is 'Santa and/or his helpers'. Plus, am entering the same card into Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra, which is always 'Anything goes'.

I went to my box of saved shop bought cards which were sent to us last year and made this:
Think I need to get out a bit more 'cos I sat here 'home alone' chortling to myself whilst making this. Santa would be lost without his helpers although this lot look like they've been at the sherry bottle and then all piled into one of those photo booths - hic :)

I used:

- an almost square cream card, just about 6" x 5.75"

- image from a Christmas card, upcycled by die cutting with a 'wonky square' Nesties die and then mounted onto red backing card from the snippets folder, hand cut after drawing round the outside edge of the same die

- sentiment is by Hero Arts, called 'Merry and Bright', it's a pre-loved one I recently got from Sarn. Stamped with Memento 'Tuxedo Black' and the little stars were coloured with Whispers pens. Those pens have really fine nibs at one end and are great for speed if you don't want to clip Ultra Fine nibs onto Pro Markers, plus they don't 'bleed' through card stock

- the little bells are from the elasticated bracelet I bought in Estepona in November and just snipped apart, they're tied on with red fine cord

- and the final touch, which set me off giggling even more - 'googly eyes' on Rudolph :)

A happy card for a child, or an adult who never grew up!

Di
x

28 comments:

  1. made me chuckle too, I think the wonky square makes me think I have been at the sherry too lol. I have a set of marvy pens that I use the same way but don't try to cover them with glossy accents cos the blighters run lol. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought his eyes looked a bit googly but then they would from the bottom of a cider bottle.!!!! I needed a drink OK. hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how cute these goofy deer are...bet they did hit a bottle of some sort. But what can one expect...they need a little warmup before flying a sleigh all night in the cold!!! Love that wonky die too. I always wondered how it could be used! Great job, & TFS. I'm behind too....surfing AND posting!! (Maybe I need some of what those reindeer guys found?!)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another stunning winter cretation.
    Have a nice day/week
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it Di......I never want to grow up. I tried it once and didn't much like it :-)
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also made me have a good chuckle, love it especially cut with the wonky squares, xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  7. that die make the image so cute lol, how funny they look........
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Di, fab image and I love the googly eyes.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Miss. I know what you mean about not going out much! I get more conversations with my chooks than two legged peeps!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. They do look like a happy bunch! What could be better than making a card and giggling at the same time! Good for the soul!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They looked very surprised reindeer Di, do you think Rudolph has been naughty? Those tiny bells couldn't be more perfect for this card, you have a keen eye Miss :)

    Bringing over cake and lemon curd butties so don't leave it too long before you come to see us all at the brazier. Sam's the one talking to the chickens lol

    Keep warm xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A definite snigger there. You have reminded me that I have a set of whispers pens that have not seen the light of day for a long time. Must get them out and have a play. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is so cute. I agree, I think they all did pile into a photo booth. Your imagination amazes me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Am I too late for some of Rachel's cake?

    LOVING the googly-eyed reindeers! And loving your use of the sentiment stamp! Whoop whoop!

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your description of this adorable herd of deer, and your card just makes me grin from ear to ear! Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Snigger, I love it too, especially your description about the alcohol and the photo booth!! We need a good giggle on a Monday!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab card - yes, they do look like they're in a photo booth!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  18. FAB card! Love those reindeers! Great upcycling too. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I just love this, and your ideas on the card are just spot on, brilliant use of the stock.
    The comment about being a nightmare was entering so many challenges at once, I got totally lost and frustrated, will only make cards for one or two at the most in future.
    Have deleted it as thought folks would think I was mad..... me never.

    Kath x
    Off to bottle me mango chutney now.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lol, I love this - their faces just make me smile!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another fab card Di, fun images and beautifully presented as always xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think Rudolph and the gang have been partying up a storm! And you're right...they did go for a wee photo! teehee

    I think it is a hoot and would bring a cheery smile to anyones face....a GREAT Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the look on those reindeer faces, just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awww what a cute card - thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon. (I've been making plenty of cards, but no time to blog them, so I've not been in the playground for a while ... must get there soon!!) x

    ReplyDelete
  25. A giggle fest for everyone, Di! This card could go to any one us on the Playground who never grew up and never intend to do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love it! The googly eyes are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is hilarious Di :) Topped off by googly eyes !! Would be the best chrissy card ever to receive and so clever :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Brilliant! I think I'm the adult who has never quite grown up - I love the image and the googly eyes. Oh, and the wonky square die - that's just gone on my wish list! Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.