Wednesday 6 April 2016

Christmas baubles

For some reason my enthusiasm for making Christmas cards is very low right now - usually I'm happy to make them almost in preference to other cards. In an effort to overcome this 'lull' there was a little scrabble through some as yet unused stamps and I unearthed a Jennifer Ellory designed set of Christmas stamps which came free with Quick Cards Made Easy magazine - possibly in 2014.

This is the card I made - and there are three the same as I was test driving the Misti:

I used:

- 6" x 6" square white card blank

- a square of slightly smaller deep red satin finish mirri card, with a gold calligraphy pen run around the edges to leave a very narrow gold border (and to hide the white core of the mirri card) - glued in place

- a slightly smaller square of white card onto which I stamped the holly bough (did all three card fronts, one after another at each step), then the baubles, using a Delicata 'Golden Glitz' ink pad (thanks to Kathy K for the heads up about these ink pads - they're fabulous! And finally the sentiment, stamped using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink

- then I just coloured the holly bough using Whispers markers, ran the gold calligraphy pen around all four edges and glued the panel in place on top of the deep red layer

- resisted the urge to add any gems to the baubles, or even a tickle of glossy accents to the holly berries - and kept hands well away from clear Wink of Stella. I wanted to retain the crispness, even though it was tempting to add more stuff

So that's three more cards for Christmas at least. Whilst I love the font of the sentiment it's not a perfectly produced stamp - but it was a freebie and I had fun anyhow!

I'm entering this into the following challenges:

Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge #275 - 'vintage or anything goes'. I chose 'anything goes'.

Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra for April -  always 'anything goes'.

Di
x

24 comments:

  1. It's a lovely card, but I know what you mean about enthusiasm for making Christmas cards sometimes ebbing. I think it's when we get the first proper spring weather - it makes Christmas seem so impossibly far away. But I've seen the forecast for the next few days - and I forecast the return of the Festive Mojo!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Di, I love making Christmas cards the best, as I love sparkle, but don't know what I will do once my stash of Art pads from LOTV end...they really shouldn't have stopped them! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card Di (or should I say three cards) - the gold ink looks lovely for the baubles.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you made a brilliant job on this Christmas card Di it's so lovely and sparkly just like you l love to see holly on a card it's my favourite follage and looks lovely take care and enjoy your day xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the design Di and the holly bough you've coloured so prettily looks great with the gorgeous gold baubles hanging from it. You have done well to have already made over 40 cards as I have made very few yet. I find the seasons and the weather dictate the sort of colours I like using too. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're making me want a Misti Di. I love the design of your card and well done resisting adding the extras. It really works beautifully left alone. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card Di, those ornaments are beautiful.... and now you have 3 more cards ahead!! I told myself I was going to enter a Xmas challenge every week to get ahead on my cards, here it is April and I haven't done a one!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a really pretty Christmas card Di. That Misti comes into its own for batch baking doesn't it!?

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are obviously getting to grips with the Misti - I wouldn't be surprised if I don't have these stamps (unused) if they were freebies!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Misti. Did you know there is a mini Misti out there! Just sayin. Your doing better than me on the (C) card front. I only have 22 made so far. I get bored making more than one of each design. I'm a one of kinda girl except when it comes to Elf's Oh no thats done it now!!
    Loving that freebie stamp you have used here. I'm trying really hard to use my chrissy stamps and assorted dies but I do like reclying stuff up. More time that's wot I need. Got any? hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me, too, Di. I've made, I think, three so far and with a couple big holidays on the calendar this year, I HAVE to shake a leg. That and make some Ccs! I love the elegant design!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty; I like the contrast between the fully colored leaves and the gold/white ornaments. I'm really drawn to bauble stamps and those are quite lovely so I think it's a good thing you've unearthed them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful crisp looking Christmas card Di. The lovely bauble stamps
    Look great with the gold ink, ( I must look into that one!!) I like the beautifully coloured holly bough as well.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your baubles and the way they are hanging, oh dear, just burst into laughter here, from the holly, that's better and I do like the font of the sentiment stamp, lovely CAS card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an effective Christmas card and go you using old stamps! Interested that you used the misti, think it might have to go on my wish list. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just beautiful, and I love those delicate golden baubles! Very pretty Christmas card Di!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a pretty Christmas card Di, looks as though the Misti works a treat! You watch....you'll have us all buying one soon! ;-)
    Janice xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pretty, classy and elegant, really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well, fancy seeing you here. : ) These ornaments are beautiful (can't believe you haven't used them before!) and make for a perfect CAS card. They are so detailed on their own, they definitely don't need any embellies. Thanks for playing with CHNCC2.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful images & love your card, Di! Yes, I'm glad I finally got a MISTI & I think the mini is going to work out fine.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like the clean lines of this. Very fancy schmancy if I do say so!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.