Sunday 23 April 2017

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 275 and 276 - results

Hello once again! Time for the fortnightly round up of  the Playground which includes our latest Guest Designer, some 'picks' of the fortnight and of course the prize draw.

First of all, here's our Guest Designer and this fortnight we have Liz of 'Crafty Sunflower'. Liz made a gorgeous snippets card, in her quite distinctive clean and crisp style - always so fresh looking:
See what I mean about the lovely clean look? I love this card and Liz has used snippets perfectly to create a really super design. See those sweet little paw prints on the embossed background - it's details like that which really make a card special. I also know, from first hand experience, just how precisely and perfectly Liz's card are made :) A brilliant Good Luck card!

This is what Liz said:

My good luck card is made entirely from snippets, except for the card blank and sentiment panel.  The white embossed paw print background was even a snippet, although a fairly large one.  Does anyone else have an overflowing drawer of white snippets???  I’m sure they just multiply when I’m not looking!  The black cat is a very old Sizzix die, matted and layered on MB ‘Stitched Octagon’ die cuts. The four leaf clover ‘Clippunch’ punches I used come as a pack of two, one punching out the shape and one punching out a ‘u’ shape in the middle of the leaf, so it can be ‘clipped’ onto a separate piece of card.  I know these two punches are at least 10 years old as I bought them on one of several visits to ‘Nellie Snellen’s’ shop in the Netherlands.  Did you notice that I did a bit of name dropping there?  If ever you get the chance to visit her shop in Sevenum, it’s well worth a detour. If you’re lucky, you may even get to meet Nellie serving behind the counter and discover what a friendly and delightful crafter she is. There is even a lovely coffee shop nearby, where you can deposit an uncrafty OH with their newspaper while you shop!

And, here's a photo of Liz - I bet lots of you are familiar with this happy, smiling face:
Liz started her blog in 2012, although looking back it's quite clear that she'd been card making for some while before then!  Some wonderful cards straight away and already the signs of the lovely clean style I love so much.

Liz is a big fan of Bristol Rovers and you'll often see cards on her blog made around a blue and white footballing theme. Or even incorporating blue and white, such as this fun card:
I do so love that Santa's Washing Line die set - and apparently I 'forced' Liz to buy one for herself! I've lost count of the dies I've bought after being forced inspired by Liz!

I've eased back on buying loads of craft magazines but I frequently used to see our Liz featured with one of her lovely cards, she's won tons of prizes and is a really prolific card maker. Do go and have a good browse around her blog - loads of great ideas there! 

Thank you so much Liz for making such a stunning snippets card as our Guest Designer this fortnight. And for emailing to and fro when you were away from a decent signal strength too!

So, let's move onto my picks from this past fortnight - so, so hard! I had eight of you as final, final picks that I really didn't want to reduce down to three - but, common sense, plus a back yelping at me, forced it down to three in the end:

 
I picked this absolutely fabulous bag charm, made by Jane (who I privately refer to as Jane J to differentiate between her and Jane W!) as it ticks so many boxes. In fact, I do truly think ****it's worthy of a gold star****! Jane has carefully documented every step of making the bag charms, with lots of advice as the snippets are the shrink plastic she used! I love using shrink plastic, but also know it can be very unforgiving - so top marks to Jane I say! It's the worded flower, eyes AND lips in case you're wondering - do hop over to see how it was done! Jane, please take your gold star from the side bar - for your outstanding snippets make!

If you haven't ventured into playing with shrink plastic yet - give it a whirl! I made some phone charms for a couple of friends a few years ago and they went down a real treat!

I absolutely adore this wonderful card, made by Maura. The snippets were mostly white to begin with - beautifully stamped, embossed, die cut and sponged. It's just so perfect - a real delight for the eyes.

Ruth brought a 'magic slider' card to share with us - and her blog post is so entertaining! It wasn't without little problems along the way - but Ruth kindly took photos, added a little video of her own (which cracked me up!) and also there's a link to a video by Kristina Werner which shows the whole process. I've wanted to make a card like this for ages and now it's on my 'to do' list! Thanks Ruth for the inspiration.

That's my three picks - I do hope they will inspire you as well girls.

We had 67 of you joining in this past fortnight - and three were new Playmates:

Bunny
Sheila H
Sandi P
These are three lovely ladies and I would be so happy if you hopped over to say hello. Remember, they took the time and trouble to make a snippets project, take a photo, write a blog post and then venture into the Playground girls! Spread the love a little - as you always do! xx
 
Welcome to all of you new Playmates, we hope you come back and play with us again soon.

Prize draw time now and our winner of the Lawn Fawn 'Stinkin' Cute' set of stamps plus a set of matching dies and the MFT Rectangle 'Peek-a-boo Window' die is:

Well done Heidi - can you please drop me an email with your address in and I'll post your prize off as soon as possible! I can't work out fully where you live but, wild guess maybe, could be USA. Plus you were playing for the whole bundle - so well done indeed! My email address is on the right hand side bar.

That peek-a-boo window die is so, so popular (also hard to get hold of I believe) and I really did think that this could be a week when I had to split the prize. I hate to tease but there is another one of those dies waiting in the toy box here ...... for further down the line.

Anyway, keep those snippets entries coming girls, you still have a week left to play HERE remember!

And it's almost Rudolph Days once again over at Scrappymo's - a chance for you to use up some snippets for the Playground and also make a Christmas card at the same time perhaps? It runs from 25th April until the end of the month, as usual. And Mo always has lovely prizes to be won as well.

Love from the little white peril - and of course from me too





26 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards from Liz, brilliant picks and hi to the newbies! Congratulations to Heidi! Ooh and thank you Di for another awesome challenge full of fun and inspiration! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Liz and the Top 3.

    Thanks for the welcome, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How great to have Liz as your GD this time Di as her cards are always beautiful and this one is no exception and full of lots of wonderful snippets. Congratulations to Heidi and love your picks from the last challenge so congratulations to them too. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was happily reading your post and admiring all these lovely projects. Such different cards, and that special one with shrink plastic (I don't have too much luck with that stuff). I was just getting ready to visit the ladies featured when I saw a "Heidi" won the prize. Well, I knew that couldn't be me so I clicked the link and it went to my blog! Well, call me surprised! Thanks so much, I will send an email.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for inviting me to be your Guest Designer this fortnight, Di, although I'm still blushing at your lovely introduction! Interesting to see you mentioned a blue and white/football theme on quite a few of my cards. It's DH's birthday today and his card has a blue and white/football theme, I also used a prize I won here in the Playground to make his card! I'll be posting it later this week.

    Super picks again and great to see three new playmates. Congratulations to Heidi on her win. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to the lucky winner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to Heidi, what absolutely fantastic picks, and fabulous new playmate entries too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for featuring me as a new playmate. I am loving this challenge....congrats to the winner and top picks...their entries are truly fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done to everyone, some gorgeous work there - and Liz's card is just perfect! Sorry to hear your back is playing up again.
    Jane (W!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful makes shared here this morning, what a nice surprise to open this post and see the smiling face of someone I know! Go Liz!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great picks as always - must be so difficult to choose only 3. Love the card from Liz with double good luck having a black cat and four-leaf clovers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Miss Di and the lovely Parsnip.
    so sorry to hear your back is playing up again.
    I can empathize with you as I am having probs again at the mo.
    Congrats to all, and big congrats to Liz on her GD.
    Liz and yourself always make such wonderful clean and super designed cards.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant picks Miss!
    Congrats to Heidi on her win too.

    Waving HELLO to the newbies, will visit them shortly.

    Lovely to see Liz as the Guest Designer this week. BRILLIANT card too.

    Happy St George's Day to everyone.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats to Liz for being your GD this time. Her cards are always a delight and special and these 2 are no exception! Congrats to Heidi on her win as well, and for all those notables in the playground - thanks for the inspiration! Well done everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for the shout-out, Di!! Always an honor to see my card pop up! And thanks to Liz for her fun CAS card inspiration- I love those little shamrocks and her embossed bg!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Miss Di I will be marked late in coming to the Playground today but I have a really good excuse...our absolulety gorgeous new grandbaby arrived 2 weeks early. We have a grandson Jack William was born on Friday and we have been in Southampton!! How wonderful to see my bag charm in your pic and yes it is a bit of a B to play with but such fun. A huge well done to everyone else to...I'm keeping this brief but wanted to say thank you for my Gold Star, I will display it proudly on my blog! Hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous picks this week and a great GD too - I love Liz's cards, always great inspiration.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful picks Miss! Thanks for the remind about Scrappy Mo's I'll have to get my skates on tonight as I don't want to miss it. Congrats to the winners too. I have to say I was lucky enough to win Jane's candy last year and I love, love, love my key ring - she's one very talented artist. Beautiful card from Liz, so much lovely detail yet keeping it CAS that's a talent I do not possess lol! Have a lovely week Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Liz's cards are delicious and absolutely LOVE that CAS with the black cat, it's really precious!! Well done and congrats for her spotlight as GD! :)!
    Great picks, so creative and different one by the others, but all stunning!
    Congrats to the winner!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Some super picks Di and have to say that I especially love Moira's card as I have just bought that stamp and die set, unfortunately knowing me, won't be able to make such a gorgeous card but I do love the set.
    Have a great week, can you believe it we have snow showers forecast.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats to all the winners and top picks. Oh my goodness, Maura's card is beyond gorgeous!! I love seeing how talented everyone is, and to see how we all use snippets in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fab projects. I'll be back on Wednesday to enter before time runs out!
    Hugs,
    Em xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awww Di, thank you so much for picking me! I've since made another slider and it's worked out well - perseverance is the key! Maura's card is beautiful and I've always wanted to try some shrink plastic, so I shall have a look at Jane's blog post. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm a great fan of Liz's cards Di, and this one is fabulous! Great picks as always and congratulations to Heidi.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Liz's cards are always lovely and this one is no exception - I particularly love the embossing folder - those little paws are adorable. Another great showcase. Congratulations to Heidi on her win. So sorry to hear that you are still experiencing back pain - I do so hope it eases for you soon. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.